today i am finally off on holiday with my friends, infact i'm on my way to the airport as we speak! this trip feels like a long time coming as we've been planning for so long and now it's finally here! this is definately the perfect end to exams and it ensures that we have a beautiful tan for our prom too! so in preperation for my trip i thought i'd share with you my top tips for flying.
going to amazing places by plane can be fun but it definately takes a toll on your skin. all that recycled air can really dry it out. to prevent this as much as possible we need to make our face as hydrated as we can during the flight. how do i do that i hear you ask?!
- drink LOTS of water! this kind of goes without saying.... if we want hydrated skin we have to keep our bodies hydrated. if you can buy some water in the airport to take on the plane or just bug the flight attendants for water.
- if you can get one that stays within your liquid allowance on your inflight bags then i'd suggest a facial spray. obviously be careful as you can't take aerasols or anything but this definitely helps if it is available to you!
- MOISTURISER! this is your best friend on a flight. long ones especially. try putting a small amout of your moisturiser into a smaller pot (a smaple pot would be ideal) or just collect some sample sachets that you can take with you to use instead.
- its alot better for your skin to avoid wearing make up on the plane so if you are able to avoid wearing it then thats best. if you can't face the idea of getting on and off the plane without it on just take it off for the flight and reapply it before you land. once your sat in your seats no one really pays attention to anyone else anyway. (this is my fail safe method on days when i'm feeling self conscious)
- if you insist upon wearing make up then tinted moisturiser is definately a better option than foundation as its lighter and obviously provides your skin with moisture to keep it hydrated.
- your lips can also dry out on the play so a good lip balm is key. maybe some vaseline or carmex?
now we're all ready to jet off to somewhere exotic whilst maintaining beautiful skin!
are you off anywhere this summer? what are your top tips for flying?