stargazer have been running a competition known as the 'shake and bling challenge' challenging bloggers to come up with some pretty nail art using only 4 stargazer products, plus my own choice of base/top coat.
i'm always up for a challenge and the second i heard that this involved glitter i was straight in there planning my design! so here is my creation:
you will need:
a dark blue nail polish (i am using stargazer 105)
a black nail art pen
silver glitter shaker
nail diamonds and nail glue
a nail top coat
1. start by applying the dark blue base colour to all of your nails. this is going to create the sky.
2. use the nail art pen to draw your skyline onto your 4 fingers (not the thumb). i started by drawing the outline and then filled in the buildings. don't forget to put windows in your buildings!
3. now take a top coat and paint a little onto the sky above the buildings ( make sure your skyline is dry first!) gently pour some glitter onto the nail near the cuticle and blow to remove excess glitter.
4. for your thumb apply top coat all over and pour on plenty of glitter all over.
5. one dry apply one gem slightly to the left of the centre of your thumb using the adhesive glue (this is going to form a shooting star!)
6. take the nail art pen and draw in the star's trail
7. just to make sure it all lasts i put on another layer of top coat over the top but this is optional.
8. enjoy your beautiful nails!
goodness glitter is hard to photograph! i was so nervous doing this nail art because i was so sure i wouldn't have a steady enough hand but i think it looks great and i've had lots of compliments on it! in fact a few girls at school have asked if i'll do it for them!
do tell me if you have a go! you could even tweet me some pictures or link posts below. i'd love to see!
ps. you may be wondering why only half of my pictures seem to be in this post..... that's because my computer seems to have deleted them :/ but rest assured i will be redoing the nail art asap so i can get some beautiful pictures for you all!
all products sent for pr purposes