It's been a few days since the end of my detox experience and I've had time to reflect on it and honestly I think it has helped me far more mentally than it did physically. On the morning after the final day I took my measurements and weighed myself one final time and although not dramatic I am very please with the results:
Arm: -1.5 inches
Waist: -2.5 inches
Hip: -1.5 inches
Thigh: -2 inches
Chest: -2 inches
Weight: -1 lb/0.6kg
Body Fat %: -3%
My change weight doesn't bother me at all, it's nice to see a change, but I am not simply aiming for 'weight loss' I want fat loss and muscle gain! It was amazing to see that my body fat % had changed so much and I am finally in the excellent category which is what I have been working towards for the past month! My body certainly has changed but not as dramatically as many other women who I have seen do the programme which is slightly disappointing but I do only have myself to blame for not fully following the programme.
The most significant changes for me were mentally during this process. I have never had a problem having to control my cravings and calorie intake. I eat very healthy 80% of the time and then treat myself the other 20%, but during this detox I just couldn't manage to do it. The idea of formally depriving myself meant that I just wanted to eat all of those things I couldn't, really decreasing my morale. I also found that my relationship with food changed. Having suffered with issues with eating in the past, at times I have found it difficult to see the 'point' of food, what did it really offer me other than the fact it tasted nice? But now I really understand the need to fuel my body with good things. Food is there to be enjoyed yes, but fundamentally it is what makes our body able to do the amazing things we do and by depriving myself I wasn't able to do these to my full capacity and that made me miserable. I am a firm believer that you should only do something if it makes you happy. I quite honestly I was not. That is not to say that you should give up on everything difficult, but you should maintain a balance within yourself and this experience wasn't for me. I have seen proof of it working for so many people and I will be continuing to use all of the products separately until they run out, I have no doubt that they do work but overall the Clean 9 just wasn't for me and that's okay.
NB If you're interested in doing the detox too I am a distributor of the products and am happy to help :) But FYI this series of blog posts is not a hard sell, (Clearly after this post!) I am 100% honest in my experiences as I want to help others who may be thinking of doing it! It is simply a day by day aid to help anyone looking for more information and to see how the detox affects others.